Executive Director, ACO
Bluestone Physician Services is the largest provider of residential geriatric primary-care in the nation. Our physician-led teams serve thousands of patients across multiple states within Assisted Living Homes, Memory Care Units, and Group Homes. Bluestone has proven that personal engagement, quality of care and exceptional service, results in high patient and staff satisfaction.
The Executive Director is responsible for providing strategic development, leadership and cross-functional direction for all facets of Bluestone Physician Services’ Accountable Care Organization (ACO) initiatives. The Executive Director will manage the ACO P&L and operations through advanced analytics, network development, network contracting, financial modeling and reporting, outsourced actuarial support and will ensure legal/regulatory compliance. Leading in a matrixed organization, the Executive Director will build out a program management function for the ACO and work closely with leadership and teams from Bluestone’s Clinical/Provider, Behavioral Health, Care Management, Care Coordination and Population Health (quality) organizations. The Executive Director will be a trusted advisor in his/her area of expertise as well as a strategic visionary.
· Builds the program infrastructure for the ACO and potentially other value-based contracts. Budgets for and establishes the operational team to support the ACO.
· Builds and maintains programs for the ACO’s Integrated Network through negotiation and execution of relationships (contracts) with the goal of improving performance and efficiency of the ACO enrollment base: building/communities (evaluation), home health relationships, hospitalists, SNF, etc.
· Works closely with clinical leadership on operational infrastructure to support care model innovation.
· Increases membership and maximizes market opportunities – attribution, growth from geriatrics, and other lines of business.
· Offers value-added services including timely, accurate and actionable reporting and analytics to improve attribution and profitability.
· Collaborates with Bluestone senior leadership to determine organizational goals and opportunities for growth.
· Researches and monitors the national healthcare and governmental landscape to support Bluestone’s initiatives – thinking strategically about next steps and new Medicare programs and direction (ACO, DCE).
· Develops and implements policies and procedures that guide the business, supports the delivery of services, and ensures quality and satisfaction. Implements core strategies and processes that lead to cost efficient operations and maximum profitability.
· Oversees the execution, reporting and filings of all programs in alignment and agreement with all CMS contracts, payer program requirements and agreed objectives.
· Utilizing a project and program management discipline, implements new systems, products and business processes that support the growth and profitability of the ACO
· A minimum of ten years management experience in healthcare (provider, payer) setting, preferably with multiple years of direct Accountable Care Organization experience.
· Demonstrated success with program and project management.
· Ability to manage and operate across a matrixed organization.
· Financial planning and forecasting experience with direct P&L ownership.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Healthcare Administration or Business Administration is required.
· A Master’s Degree in Healthcare Administration or Business Administration is preferred.
· Working knowledge of actuarial analytics and health plan MLR/profitability models
· Advanced-level computer proficiency including Google Docs and equipment such as iPad, and iPhone
· Demonstrated expertise in data modeling and analytics
· Strong interpersonal and technical presentation skills
· Skilled in identifying and resolving problems
· Proficient verbal and written communication
· Ability to work independently to meet company goals and timelines
· Ability to deal with change and ambiguity
· Ability to build and manage high performing teams
· Detail oriented, accurate and reliable
· Demonstrated compatibility with Bluestone’s mission and operating philosophies
· Demonstrated ability to read, write, speak, and understand the English language
Bluestone Physician Services was founded in 2006, and is now on the leading edge of Healthcare delivery. We bring healthcare services to the patients that we serve within the comfort of their own homes. Bluestone is one of the largest providers of residential primary-care in the nation, serving thousands of patients across multiple states within Assisted Living Homes, Memory Care Units, and Group Homes. Bluestone has been named to the Star Tribune's Top Workplaces in MN, making the list 8 years in row!
Bluestone offers excellent Benefits to our employees including:
Vision Materials Insurance
Company paid Life Insurance
Company paid Short and Long-term Disability
Health Savings Account (HSA)
Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
Retirement plan with 4% matching contributions
Paid Time Off (PTO)
Nine paid (non-working) holidays
By working here, you have the chance to make a difference in the lives of others. Our success has translated into a rapidly-growing organization, offering career opportunities in recognition of hard work. To find more information about exciting opportunities within our innovative and ever-growing organization, please visit www.bluestonemd.com
If interested please apply online via the Bluestone Careers Website: